Rules in regards to guests and previous members
It has been brought to our attention that a number of our old members have not paid for their membership dues and are no longer in good standing with the group.
Playing as a group has benefits:
- You do not have to arrange a game.. just show up and someone is there to play with you.
- Pooling finances and purchasing balls together is cheaper than buying it yourself.
- There are no other tennis groups offering membership at $25.00 for 12 months with balls supplied.
- 10 course dinners for $25.00 is a very good discount.
- Three fun tournaments at $5.00 is a bargain.
By joining our group of over 70 members and are able to go to the Parks board and have weight for changes such as:
- Petition and having them replace the old courts with the best tennis courts in Vancouver.
- Having the courts power wash every two years.
- Requesting and getting better quality nets.
- Getting the grass cut around the courts.
- Paving the pathway around the courts.
This is difficult to accomplish as an individual and as a group we have accomplished this.
Paying a small fee of $25 is to off set come expenses, but the friendship that develops far exceeds this small amount.
Old Members and quest policies are as follows:
One free occasion to play is between April 1st to March 30th the following year.
Guest fee of $2.00 per visit to be collected by the member that invited the guest.
A fifteen dollar fee is charged to ex members for playing over a month to a maximum of six months and ten dollars for less than a month.
To promote unity of the club, members should not play with ex-members who do not rejoin us.
Members shall be issued a written warning if these rules are broken. If these rules are broken again, the member will be terminated from the club with his membership fee returned on a pro rated basis.